Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Rachel's Doll Quiet Book

Hi everyone! Today's quiet book is so cute and looks so darn fun that I can't wait to show it to you. It was made by stay-at-home mom Rachel for her two girls, and it's a dress-up doll book! The outside has two handles to carry it with and looks like a little house (complete with door, windows, and adorable little flower beds), and the inside opens up to a dresser full of clothes and two little dolls to dress. Take a look!

In the dresser they have four stick-on dresses.
In the dresser each doll has a little makeup kit with a blush brush and lipstick.

Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
I'm Rachel, a pregnant stay at home mom to two daughters; Mercy, 3 and Cozette, 18 months. 

What's your level of sewing experience?
I have virtually no sewing experience, my dad gave me a machine two years ago and I have haphazardly sewn simple curtains, an apron and a doll for my daughter with no real instruction.

How long did it take you?
I would say this quiet book took me about 10-12 hours over a week and a half. I mostly just worked on it when the girls were sleeping.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
I didn't use templates, I drew out some patterns and referenced a picture I found on pinterest (which can be found here), but it was just one photo with no instructions.

How did you bind your quiet book?
Since it's only two pages, I put felt sheets under some flannel fabric and sewed it into one smooth book.

What material are the pages made out of? What other materials did you use?
The materials are almost all felt with a cotton blanket and flannel cover, like I said.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
I probably spent $15-20 on materials of which I had PLENTY leftover for the next quiet book I'm making.

What's your favorite page? Why?  
I don't have a favorite page since it's only two pages, but my girls love putting on the dresses and especially the "make up". :-)


Thank you Rachel for sharing your awesome doll quiet book with us!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea for this quiet book. I follow the blog where the picture for your idea came from. If anyone needs the pattern, go to charlaanne.typepad.com and on her etsy shop she sells the pattern. By the way, you did a great job and I sure your daughters will love it.

    ReplyDelete