Friday, October 23, 2015

Misty's Super Mario Quiet Book

Today's quiet book is amazing. It was made by Misty of the blog Misty's Whimsies, and it is absolutely fantastic. It is a Super Mario Quiet Book, and features all of the characters found in that awesome video game - Princess Peach, Bowser, Luigi, and of course, Mario. Each page is like a different level in the game that your child can play through. It is so cute, and there are so many more pictures of it than I can show you here! If you'd like to see all of the details of this fabulous book, check out the series of posts on Misty's blog

Cover:


Princess Peach birthday party page:


Turtles and tubes page:


Mini game page:


Threading page:


Ghost house puzzle page:


Yoshi page with apples, coins, and flags:


Bowser castle maze page:


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
Misty Richardson, I love to do crafty and homemaking things for my family.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
I made this quiet book for my oldest son Coleman who is now seven, when I started it he was four.

What's your level of sewing experience? 
Intermediate I would guess.

How long did it take you?  
I'm not sure, I have been working on and off on this since 2012, but would set it down and not work on it for a while. But each page probably took several days to a week to complete when I would actively work on it.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I used templates that I created based on the mario video games. I plan on making them available but have not yet been able to do that.

How did you bind your quiet book? 
They are all bound together, I don't know if the method has a name but I found a tutorial on this website: http://tanyahandmade.blogspot.ru/2012/09/blog-post_30.html It isn't in english but her pictures are great, and parts I wasn't sure on, I just tried my best!

What material are the pages made out of? 
Mostly felt, with some batting on the inside, a few other types of fabrics are thrown in there.

What other materials did you use? 
Lots of string, elastic, snaps, hooks, eyelets, buttons, those kinds of things.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
I'm not sure, I used wool felt so that was probably the most expensive part each sheet is about a $1 each and I have tons of left overs of everything so I can continue to make things and it will be cheaper

What's your favorite page? Why? 
Um... I'm not sure I could say, there are parts of each page that I am particularly fond of- mostly based on how I was able to put it together and how clever I thought I was being ;). 

On her blog "Misty's Whimsies," Misty has several posts that go into a lot more detail about the book with a lot more pictures and explanations. I highly encourage you to check them out!

Here's an overview of the whole book: Completed New Super Mario Brothers Quiet Book 

And posts on the individual pages:

Misty's Whimsies: Princess Peach's Birthday Party
Misty's Whimsies: Page 2! The Turtle and Pipes
Misty's Whimsies: Page 3 - Mini Game
Misty's Whimsies: World 5 Map
Misty's Whimsies: Mario Quiet Book Characters

Definitely go check these posts out. There are so many more pictures and cool details!

Misty, thank you for sharing your truly amazing quiet book with us!

(Also, Readers - remember to enter this week's Quiet Book Blog giveaway!  Click here or on the picture below to be taken to the giveaway post!)

http://quietbookblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/christmas-quiet-book-kit-giveaway.html

 
Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

5 comments:

  1. Great book I really like the threading page and may use that idea in the book I am presently making, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love super mario quiet book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great book! It's my new own project http://needle0.blogspot.com/2015/11/pierwsza-quiet-book-home-outfit.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Замечательная книга! Повезло хозяйке книжечки. Я сама бы поиграла!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the match game idea - how do you secure these?

    ReplyDelete