Monday, January 25, 2016

Maria's Princess Quiet Book

Today's quiet book is absolutely fantastic. Made by Maria, a kindergarten teacher, it is princess-themed, and just so detailed and adorable. The front cover looks like a castle, and opens up to another castle scene complete with horse-drawn carriage. As the pages go on children are able to change the weather through a window, practice numbers on a clock, play dress up, hang up laundry on a laundry line, put food together for a picnic, do puzzles, build a cake and decorate it with candles, play with a telephone, and put on a finger puppet show. It is a really remarkable book.


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Maria. I'm 22 years old and I am a kindergarten teacher.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
This book is intended for all children. When I discovered Quiet Books I was excited and I began to make one.

What's your level of sewing experience? 
My level of sewing experience is medium.

How long did it take you?
I have been creating this book since August. I didn't work steady at this but I really don't know how many hours it took to complete!!

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I didn't use any templates. I looked on Google, YouTube and Pinterest, for inspiration and after that I drew it by myself.

How did you bind your quiet book? 
I sewed the pages between them.

What material are the pages made out of? 
The pages were created by felt mostly, but I used some other fabrics.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
The total materials cost was about 35 euros.

What's your favorite page? Why?
It's difficult to choose, I love each page!!!

Maria's craft Facebook page can be found here: My Quiet Book

Thank you, Maria, for sharing your amazing quiet book with us!

 
Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog and so informative thank you for sharing us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article. You can create different patterns for Quiet books. My first quiet book for toddlers that I've made after weeks of looking for ideas, patterns, planning and determining how it is done. But, I loved the method of creating and I fall in deep love with what quiet book represents. After that, I made numerous quiet books and designed my own patterns. Consequently, I am sharing my experience and knowledge here with you.

    https://wowandnow.com/collections/toddler-mom/products/peek-a-boo-owl-quiet-book

    ReplyDelete